Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Well... It's been interesting. + Reviews

In a post before I told you about a new job I got.
Well, I got screwed and treated with total disrespect and that's really as far as I'm going to go into that. I don't want to badmouth people. Moving on with life! My plan is to try to get the job I wanted in the first place. I will keep applying till I get it. :D

My camera broke so I haven't been able to do photos of any of my new recipes but I think I have that fixed so watch out here I come with new reviews of lots of new and awesome places, food, people and items! 

It's been a month of discovery and re-discovery.
Today I want to talk to you about one of the discoveries and one re-discovery I made recently.

Let's start with the re-discovery.
El Pollo Loco had fish tacos for awhile igniting my love for them. Sadly it was a limited time offer so when they vanished I was very sad. My mom went to dinner with a friend and brought back a fish taco from a Mexican joint we go to a fair amount called Paco's. Every fish taco I had up till this point was a fried fish fillet with baja sauce and either cabbage or lettuce shredded in. This is what I expect to see on my plate when I order a fish taco. This was not what I saw when I looked at this fish taco from Paco's. At fist all I saw was shredded cabbage and this yummy looking creamy sauce. (Spare me the cream sauce on the fish taco jokes guys!) :3 I was starving so I dove right into this thing. The sauce is amazing; the fish is not breaded but seared in a spicy blend of seasoning. It Was Heaven! Oh my goodness. I was obsessed for like 2 weeks I had 2 of them almost every day.  It's a ways away to get there so we don't go there every day all the time. If you find yourself in the Pasadena/Arcadia area PLEASE check this place out. They also have a shrimp enchilada which my mom and my uncle love as well as many other dishes. Chips are perfect, good salsa and a "Manager's special" Margarita. It's the same as the standard margarita but they upgrade you to the good stuff for no extra charge when you mention the manager's special. It's not a huge place; the parking lot is pretty small. It's lovely inside and they do have outdoor seating for people who prefer to be outdoors. 

Now to the discovery!
Carmela Creamery is a new store in the area I think it popped up while I was in New Zealand. Every time we passed this place it was slammed full of people so I figured it was a sign of good things. I decided to stop there yesterday and I was shocked. It's a special creamery. They make very cool and different flavours. Lavender Honey, Mint & Cacao Nibs, Strawberry Buttermilk, Watermelon Mint and Salted caramel just to name a few! I tasted the Mint & Cacao nibs. It tastes like fresh mint leaves. It's real folks no green Ice Cream with chocolate chips here. The cacao nibs are crunchy and a bit bitter but it works wonderfully with the mint ice cream. MUST TRY! I have every intention of going back and getting one of their ice cream sandwiches. They have two cookie flavours for the sandwiches, Dark Chocolate and Chocolate Chip. I can't wait! They also serve cupcakes from a place called "Blue Cupcake" which I will update you on when I try one! I was waiting in line and listening to the people talk about the flavours. Now when you take a kid to a place like this they would go EW at the flavours. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Teens and small children alike seemed to love the new and complex flavours this place has to offer. If you are in Pasadena check them out! If not check out the website and pass it on.


More to come soon, 
Ginn

No comments:

Post a Comment