Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Birthday + Recipe

I'm 22 now! 
Yep my birthday already. 
Malcolm and I plan to go to dinner tonight.Next on the list is to head to Te Aroha. Maybe have some of the local seafood. Then maybe the Zoo or something like that. Not to much going on didn't really get any gifts but a little bit of money from my Mom which will hopefully cover the hotel in Te Aroha.
I made some veggies for breakfast this morning.
Figured I would show you and give a recipe.


This is my second time making this... I really like it.
My Boyfriend who hates broccoli loves it. So if you have a picky eater maybe give this a shot.
What you will need:
Broccoli 1-2-  large flower
Carrot 1-2  large
Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Butter 2-4 tablespoons (This is up to how much you like.)
Water 1/4 a cup.

How to make it:
Cut up the veggies and put them in a large bowl in the microwave with some water (just about 1/4 of a cup). Cover the bowl with a paper towel and steam them till YOU think they are done. I did mine for about 5 mins. Every microwave is different so be careful and check it every 2 mins or so. You could also steam them in a pot on the stove if you prefer.
Grab a non stick skillet and put your steamed veggies into the skillet with the butter and cook them till the butter coats all the veggies.
Pour them out onto a plate and cover in cheese.

Also a photo of New Zealands version of Texas Toast.
Enjoy.
Happy birthday to me...
 *blows little cheesy noise maker*
Disaster seems to always strike on my birthday every year I fear this day. Last year I had for the first time a delightful birthday. I hope this one is just as nice. Thank you all again for reading I'm shocked at the emails I have gotten already. I hope you all try and enjoy the recipe.
-Ginn

No comments:

Post a Comment