Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Xmas + Hell Pizza!

For Xmas this year I made corn pudding which is something my grandmother made and then my mother for many years. 
NOW ME :D

You may ask... Where is the meat?
Well this is all we had for Xmas dinner we had steak last night but wanted to have something a bit festive for tonight. And as I always do I have eaten 3 bowls of it and my tummy is like what are you doing?!

We had a festive meat dinner when we went out to Smith & McKenzie a few days ago.



Hell Pizza Review!
I have made no secret of the fact that I LOVE hell pizza here in New Zealand. 
They deliver gourmet pizza, pasta, sides and desserts.
I love everything I have gotten other then the butter chicken pasta.
The spirit pasta is nail on the head perfect. It's Bacon garlic cream sauce pasta and chicken...
I tend to make my own pizza with the creator mode rather then pick a pre-made one. On my pizza I get pepperoni, mushrooms, garlic, and Cajun seasoning. (Yes you can even pick herbs and spices for your pizza!)
I love the BBQ spare ribs. I will note it says spicy ribs. If you are from the USA and you are thinking Texas style hot you're dead wrong. It's more like old folks home spicy. It's there but nothing really to write home about. Really really good even if it's not mouth on fire hot.

They have prawn horns that are just shrimp wrapped in a spiced wanton wrapper and fried up nice and crisp. You have a choice of dip with these. I always get the garlic mayo cause it's so damn good. Another item on the sides menu is their Cajun wedges, also YUMMY with the garlic mayo or without.
They have something I have not seen anywhere else. Crumbled Camembert cheese. You all know the Mozzarella sticks they have at every Italian restruant in the US? Well it's like that but with Camembert cheese, I tend to get it with the cranberry sauce.
DESSERT!
Hell has some amazing dessert pizzas.

Temptation Dessert Pizza
Apple, Cinnamon, Apricot, Berries, Crumble topping and Custard

Unearthly Dessert Pizza
Banana, Berries, Chocolate, White Chocolate and Custard


White chocolate Cheesecake (My boyfriend's favourite)
White chocolate and Kahlua Cheesecake with a Gingerbread crust.
Blood Cherry Chocolate mousse (My favourite)
This is a fantastic Dessert! dark rich chocolate cake in the middle of a layer of a tart cherry jelly and fluffy creamy chocolate mousse. 
YUMMY... have a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I needed to see a pic of the Prawn Horns to decide if my hubby wanted them, and your post came up... and looked so yummy, he definitely ordered them... haha.. random... so cheers for that! :)

    ReplyDelete